Does Qalyptus limit amount of table data in Excel reports?

I’m currently evaluating Qalyptus Cloud for my company. One of our main use-cases is sending out an Excel report that contains a very large table. I regularly run into the cell limit cap when retrieving data via Qlik Automate for creating reports.

Is Qalyptus able to create an Excel report that can handle large data tables, or does it also cap the amount of data that can be included in a report?

Hi @stentonrr,
Welcome to the Qalyptus community.
Qalyptus Cloud can export an Excel file to 1,048,576 rows (the maximum number of rows supported by Excel) and 16,384 columns.

If you expect to export more rows, you can use other Excel sheets.
Please tell me more about the specifications of your tables.

Thank you,
Jeremie

Thank you for your response @jeremie_m!

Apologies for the late reply, I just recently returned from a break.

The table that I am having issues with has 92 columns with variable row length depending on the selections for that iteration of the report. I believe the issues were more related to Qlik Automation limitations rather than Excel limitations.

Qlik Automation limits the amount of data that can be retrieved from a Qlik app to 100K cells unless a complicated batching process is used. This consequently limited our reports to about 1K rows for the previously mentioned table.

It sounds like Qalyptus is able to get all the data from a table in a Qlik app (likely through some pagination solution I would guess) and is only capped at Excel’s limitations. If that is the case, I think this may be a good solution for my team and I.

Hi @stentonrr,
Thank you for the feedback.
I confirm that Qalyptus can export all your data until 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns.
If the data exceeds these values, the table will be exported but truncated to respect the Excel limit.

You can try for free Qalyptus Cloud with your Qlik Sense tenant. Click here to create your Qalyptus Cloud tenant.

To get started, please visit this documentation article.

If you have any questions or need help, don’t hesitate to contact us and open a support ticket.

Thank you,
Jeremie